I've been spending so much time on my ass that it's breaking out in a rash. I'm sure that is exactly the kind of information that you were dying to know, but it's true. I spent 12 hours this weekend sitting in front of a computer at a review course at Tulane and then another 1 1/2 sitting and listening to a lecture last night about the strengths and challenges facing Houston in the 21st century. I think I might have enjoyed the lecture a little bit more if I could have stood up and walked around half-way through. As it is at work, I have to remember to stand up from my computer every two hours or so.
Right now, I'd trade butt rash for the ability to be fully awake. I mean, really, really awake and on top of my game. Everything feels foggy in my brain right now and I hate it. I'm not even sure what to do to clear out the cobwebs, when it feels like I could fall asleep at any moment. This is the kind of fatigue that makes it hard for me to work and even harder to take care of everything that I need to do at home.
Speaking of home, though, Zac has been sick (and no, it's not the swine flu). He started throwing up at preschool on Wednesday and I was required to get a doctor's note that he didn't have anything contagious and could return to school. He was out on Thursday and Friday with a stomach bug. On Sunday, he was complaining that his ear hurt, but the day before he also told me that his hair hurt, so I'm never completely sure what to believe. Sunday night reminded me so much of the time when I was breast feeding that it was a little scary. Zac woke up at 10pm saying that he couldn't fall back asleep (at least that's what I think he said. I know he said something about sleep. I'm going to hypothesize here). He crawled into my bed and I rubbed his back until about 10:40pm. He woke up crying every hour between then and 3pm. He couldn't tell me why he was crying or what he wanted, so I just held him close (I think. I was 90% asleep. I know I did something). I finally broke down and gave him some infant tylenol at 3:30am, which allowed him to sleep for another three hours.
It's Tuesday and I'm not fully recovered. Add to this my insurance recently denying a medication that had been helping me and I'm only left with creative ideas how to get out of this fatigue. Zac is on antibiotics for his ear infection. The poor guy has been really been hit hard the past week.
At least I'm not sick, even if I do have an impressive rash.
Not how I expected my morning to go
6 days ago
1 comment:
if the insurance denied provigil, have your doctor write an appeal. it took that for mine to cover it. the insurance accepted the appeal. it's just the newest med out there for sleep disorders and as such, costs a fortune, so the insurance companies don't want to approve it, of course.
Post a Comment