Monday, September 12, 2011

Just Me

I'm back in the dating world and feeling an attack of self-doubt. I'm torn between telling someone that I'm not what they are looking for and saying, "Just give me a chance. I won't let you down". Ugh, but who am I to rejct myself? Wouldn't someone tell me that they didn't want to be with me if they really didn't? I don't get it.

My sister likes to tell me that if she was single at my age, that she would just stay alone. The older I get, the harder dating becomes. Sigh.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I would not just stay alone. I was 29 when I had to start dating again and it was tough. But the one thing I learned was that through it all, I had to stay true to myself. Never compromise.

If I had to change who I was to be with someone, they weren't the right person for me. No one would say they don't want to be with you, if they do. Begging them to reconsider is futile.

Accept that they told you, before either of you was too invested in the relationship and hope that you will both be able to find the right person.

jenna said...

do i get to ask what happened with clicker? are you still friends? do i get to virtually kick his ass?

B said...

Jenna - your devotion is definitely appreciated, but clicker doesn't need an ass kicking. He's one of my best friends and he's been a huge support to me lately.

We are not currently dating.