Lately Zac has been taking my breath away. The force of love that I feel for him is more than I've ever expected and ever registered before.
This morning he looked at me with his blue eyes and long eye lashes and looked so big and so fragile all at the same time. I wanted to hold his body close to mine, even though he was just asking if he could carry a puzzle to the car. He's a little person now, with his own opinions and feelings, even though he only comes up to my mid-thigh. I blinked and he grew up from a baby that didn't walk until 17 months to a toddler that asks, "Can I walk by myself, Mama? I'll be careful."
I'm amazed by him.
------------------------------
I have my interview at Rice tomorrow at 3pm. It kicks off the Women's Preview Weekend of schmoozing, boozing, and networking. I'm hoping that no one looks down at my fingers and realized that I've chewed off all the skin on either sides of my nails. It's a nervous habit. A lot of those have been cropping up lately actually. I'm really hoping that I don't mess up this weekend.
Not how I expected my morning to go
6 days ago
1 comment:
good luck!! that's awesome you are getting out there and doing that. i'm jealous of your motivation and nerve!
Post a Comment