No, taking the GMAT didn't really make any less crazy. I was nervous and broke out into a cold sweat during the essay portion, which is only the first third of the 3.5 hour test. During the quantative section I was pretty sure that I had somehow jumped into an alternate reality, where even basic math concepts made absolutely no sense. The GMAT is a computer adaptive test, which means that the questions either get harder or easier depending on whether or not you answer a question correctly. I knew I was doing badly when I saw a basic addition problem jump up on my screen in the middle of the quantative section. The verbal portion went fine. I might have gotten a little bit too excited during the end of that section. I kept counting down the number of questions that I had left to answer and thinking, "Only 5 more questions to go and I'm done with the GMAT. Only 4 more questions to go and I'm done with the GMAT"
Sooo...it turns out that I'm not done with the GMAT.
I got my results immediately (except for the essay-writing portion) and felt that it was a solid first attempt. I know that I could get into University of Houston or Houston Baptist University with that kind of score and that knowledge is comforting. At least I didn't completely bomb the whole test like I did on some of the practice exams. All and all, it wasn't bad.
I signed up to take the GMAT again exactly 31 days from the date of my first test. That is the required amount of time that I have to wait in between tests. I'm still studying and still working on figuring out the math concepts that seem to escape me. I'm doing better with my medication, although I'm still tired a lot of the time.
All and all, I'm pretty good. How are you?
Not how I expected my morning to go
6 days ago
2 comments:
oh god. if i want to go back and get my MSW, do i have to take a math portion?? yuk.
Yes, the GRE has a math component, but I swear it's not as hard. The GMAT purposefully tries to trick you because it's testing how you think, not necessarily what you know about math.
Post a Comment