BUT, instead of that, I'm going to write an entire post about my eye brows. Unbelievable, I know. It all started when I got a picture back from Christmas Day of Zac and I. I had the picture on my desk for a while, but I started obsessing over my eye brows. Clearly, the only logical thing for me to do is to put the picture out on the internet and ask for suggestions.
Without further ado, I bring you the offending eye brow shot:
Chubby and/or self-conscious women will recognize this pose as, "Use the cute kid to distract people from your body fat" look. Zac does look mightily handsome in his button-down shirt and sweater vest I will admit and we both look happy, so that's something. Particularly since we are looking happy simultaneously. Shocking.
Back to the eye brows, though. When I look in the car mirror at my eye brows, they seem full and almost robust. Yet in this picture, they are minuscule...almost mocking the chubbiness of my cheeks and chin (which are chubbier than I ever really imagined they'd be. Except that I've had lipotherapy and know what I would look like if I gained 40 lbs and it all went to my chin. One word: waddle).
So, what is a woman to do? Here are my options:
- Stop obsessing about my eye brows and work on my real problems for God's sake
- Leave them be! They are fine after all.
- Try and grow them out, although I worry about years of waxing and tweezing that they wouldn't really comply with me if I tried. I also don't know how to "grow out" eye brows without looking like a have a hairy squirrel's tail above my eyes. It's not like the hair grows in evenly, ya know?
I'd like a vote, please. Since I didn't participate in National DeLurking Day, you can consider this my call for commenters. I'll even take off the comment moderation for the day so you just really let me have it. I'm seeing my doctor on Friday to discuss my high blood pressure and weight gain, so if you'd like to leave that topic be, that would be good. Otherwise, just tell me that diet and exercise will make my eye brows look more in proportion to my face.
I'd love that. No. Seriously. I'll thank you right after I find a way to block someone from Blogger. Promise.
4 comments:
You freaking crack me up. Who the hell complains that they want bushier eyebrows? I think your eyebrows look fine in this picture, which is a beautiful picture of you guys, by the way. Do you currently wax them? If so, you could just have them waxed less frequently, or have a smaller area waxed. If not, Rogain. Or eyebrow toupees (or are they called something different if they are for eyebrows? Hold on while I google, please. Verdict: eyebrow wigs. China sells them.). My other bit of advice? Stop staring at your eyebrows; everything looks funny if you stare at it too long. :)
That's true, girlgonesouth. Everything does start to look funny once you stare at it.
Your eyebrows look absolutely fine to me, as does the rest of you. But if you do "grow them out"... do you like your hairdresser's eyebrows? Ask her to do yours next time you're there. She'll sneak right in and shape them up.
Hide behind the kid all you want; you're both adorable.
XXXOXOXO
Now eye brow wigs are something to think about...I bet they would fall off sometime. There was some product featured in a beauty magazine that claimed to regrow eye brows. Maybe I'll try to google that. Either that or lose some freaking weight already.
i think your brows look fine! seriously!
curious what your new company does - good luck with the new job!!
Post a Comment