Tuesday, February 2, 2010

And Then There Are Days

Where you are probably better off staying in bed. Contrary to appearances to the contrary, I actually try pretty hard to be a professional, put together young woman that is a shining representative of her company. Then there is reality. I was tired when I woke up today and decided that once my Dad got Zac off to school that I would go back to sleep...just five minutes I rationalized. Except I can never sleep just five minutes. An hour later I woke up in a panic and raced out of the house. Guess what I forgot to take? If you guessed the medication that helps me avoid falling asleep while driving, you'd be correct. I realized this error about half way through a tour of a box factory when I couldn't keep my eyes open.

So besides showing up late, I feel asleep sitting up while watching a purchaser work her magic on the computer. Basically, I've been worthless today. Worse than worthless, bordering on an embarassing liability for the corporate office. I'm at the branch office this week and somehow can't seem to find the words: "I'm off my meds today" to describe my erratic behavior.

I have more to write about my new job, new school for Zac, and new commute for me, but I'll save that for a time when I have access to a keyboard bigger than my thumb. Wish me better luck tomorrow. I need it if I'm going to keep this job.

2 comments:

jenna said...

what meds are you on again? i've been on nuvigil for a couple of months now and it's stopped working. i am SO freakin' tired of having to pull over and sleep every day on the way home!!

Kelly Lopez said...

How are things going?