Tuesday, February 5, 2013

34w 2d (Facts of Life)

Just another day. I threw up three times today and just ate some great fried rice and Chinese noodles. "You mix the good and the bad and you take them both and then you have The Facts of Life! The Facts of Life!"

What's been so surprising this week is how tired I am. It's like I got hit with the fatigue stick. I skipped therapy yesterday and slept from 8am - 2pm and then again from 3pm-7pm and finally 10pm-5am this morning. So I wasn't kidding in my last post when I said I'm sleeping more than one woman should. I'm grateful for this time that I have where I can honor my body and trust my instincts. I'm not Zen enough to not be annoyed when I'm awake from 2am - 5am, but I'm just so thankful that KGII and my parents are in my life and are willing to support me and help me with Zac.

Speaking of Zac, he is now officially sleeping in his own bed. This has less to do with my amazing parenting and more to do with KGII rolling up his blow up bed to make room in the nursery. KGII and I reorganized furniture a couple of weeks ago and took the giant desk that was taking up most of the space in his room. We put in a new bookcase and moved out his old dresser and put it in Baby Bean's room. We also moved the sofa that was in my room into the living room in preparation for the baby shower on February 16th. Hopefully I can handle a party at my house better than I can handle a party at someone else's house.

I spent Superbowl Sunday with my friend, J, at her new place in Houston. My all measures, it was a great party. Good food, a lot to drink, great people, fun games, and football. Except I spent the evening on the couch contracting constantly and not speaking to anyone. Occasionally, one of J's friends would look over at me and say, "Are you ok? How's it going?" and I could only answer, "Um. Not ok, but thanks for asking." Right after Beyonce's fierce half time show, I crawled upstairs and laid on J's bed until I felt up for the 40 minute drive home. That very well may be the last party I attend without an escort until Baby Ben's arrival. Honestly, it was ridiculous how physically uncomfortable I was, even though I really wanted to be social and get to know the people at the party.

Sigh. Five more weeks, if everything goes the way it's supposed to. My first non-stress test didn't go very well. Baby Bean wasn't "perky" enough for the technician's liking. That means that his heart rate wasn't accelerating with every kick like it was supposed to. She kept me on the fetal monitors for the full 40 minutes and had me drink two bottles of cold water and even used some medical equivalent of a vibrator on my uterus to "wake him up". Then I went in for the ultrasound and Bean wasn't moving at all. I think he was tired from all that kicking earlier and maybe think they should lower their expectations of what kind of gymnastics a giant baby in a small uterus is capable of doing. Reluctantly, they let me leave the Maternal Fetal Care Center and go see my regular Ob Gyn. I go in once a week for monitoring and my Ob Gyn said that if they don't like how the baby is performing that they'll keep me for longer monitoring.

Every Thursday is an adventure from here on out. Right in between naps that is.

No comments: