Monday, June 8, 2009

Prayers

I've been praying a lot lately, which says something about the current state I'm in because I don't pray that often. Dew says that he can judge my emotional state by the amount of posts on my blog. He intuits a correlation between me feeling good and posting. I think there is a correlation between me feeling like there are enough hours in the day to post and actually having something to say. Recently, it's not that I haven't had enough to say, it's that I've there have been a lot of changes to my routine and it's been a difficult transition. I wish that my eyes and back would understand that I'm not actually out to get them. If my body parts could stop freaking out I would have a better chance of accomplishing everything that I need to accomplish.

I had my first weekend of classes on Friday and Saturday. My first two classes are Microeconomics and Leadership. There is more reading than is almost humanly possible for each class, in particular the Microeconomics which involves a lot of textbook reading in a small font. It feels a little like being back at Oxford, although now I have a full-time job and a child. There is also less bicycling and 14th century architecture in my current reality, which is really quite a shame, although being able to drive to the grocery store is a nice bonus.

Let's see...what else? I'm really just going to work, coming home, reading, and going to bed. It makes for a fairly boring existence and a not particularly interesting blog. One notable fact is that my friend Byron has been staying with me. He's in a tough situation and I volunteered to help him out. I almost feel like I've got a new roommate, although unlike my current roommate, this one doesn't pee the bed. That reminds me...does anyone have any advice on bed wetting? I wet the bed until I was 6 or 7 and now Zac is doing it probably 2-3 out of five nights. I not exactly sure on the frequency, but I know that I can't keep up with the amount of laundry he's producing. Last night ge said he was too scared to get out of bed and go to the bathroom because he didn't want to be in his room alone. I almost pointed out that the new roommate sleeping could have slept with him, but I didn't think he would appreciate the subtlety of my argument. He probably would have counter argued with: "He's not my Mom." I would have had nothing to offer at that point.

1 comment:

E.J. said...

Okay - I admit it. The posting and feeling good thing? It's all a ploy. I say that hoping you'll post more because I like the blog and like hearing what you're up to now that we don't talk multiple times each day.

Here's to hoping that you feel good... and that you'll keep on blogging. :)