Friday, October 16, 2009

Oh Thank God

Where was I? When I last posted, I had just sent out 775 invitations to a Montessori event to raise money for my mandatory volunteering gig. A couple RSVPs were coming in a day, but nothing that was blowing me out of the water. I got nervous that we weren't going to have enough people were going to be at the fundraiser so I decided that we'd send out informational packets about our school and the event to parents at other public Montessori schools. Unfortunately, I only had two days to print and staple everything together for 700 packets. Oh, and I've been trying to write and edit grants and occasionally see my son. I'll just say that I haven't been successful at doing everything at once.

At least the event is over. 122 people came and ate donated food and drank purchased alcohol. They listened to speeches and saw Zac and 9 of his classmates performed six songs in English and Spanish. I stepped in the auditorium to hear him perform, only to have him shout, "MAMA!" as soon as he saw me. He started pointing at the pictures showing on the screens behind him and waving to me some more. I left after three songs and missed when he stole the show by taking the microphone from his teacher and asking: "What should I say again?" right into the mic. I'm pretty sure that while he was doing that I was trying to dump water out of the catering trays to take down the buffet. I can't emphasize enough how glad I am that it's over. I feel like I can get my life back to the just mildly crazy schedule, rather than the full-blown, "Holy shit. I need to stop working 13 hours a day."

2 comments:

mynewshoes said...

congrats on being done with the event! I can totally picture Zac's antics and your description made me laugh aloud while alone in my apartment. xoxo

-P said...

I wish I could have seen that too!! Glad your life is easing back to normal-ish :-D XOXOXO