Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Can of Worms

Seems like I was right to be worried that writing about my weight would open up a can of worms inside my head. I've started obsessing about daily fluctuations and worrying that the scale is going to keep creeping upwards and upwards. With the holidays coming, I'm wondering how I can possibly keep losing weight. It seems like my best bet would be to maintain until I can figure out how to work exercise back into my daily routine.

When I lived at my parents house, I would wake up early in the morning and go for walks. Now that Zac and I live alone, I haven't been able to do that. I did wake up one morning and put on Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred . It was the first time that I've ever tried a workout video for anything other than yoga. Once I got over the awkwardness of doing jumping jacks in my own living room, I enjoyed the tough workout and my legs felt it the next day. Once I'm able to exercise again, I'm definitely going to be trying out some of the other workouts on the DVD.

Not being able to exercise is the second part of the can of worms I was mentioning before. I can't exercise right now because my stomach is riddled with deep, painful bruises. Short of being beaten, I can't really imagine anything more painful over a large portion of my body. Ahh...vanity. If you can afford to get liposuction or a tummy tuck, take my advice and just do it.




August 29, 2008 - Before Photo


I've been doing lipotherapy since August and each time I get it done (alternating between my genetic double chin and my distended post-pregnancy belly), I'm amazed at how much it hurts. Turns out that the process of injecting a chemical solution into your fat cells to explode the cell walls hurts. Who would have figured? The spa I go to ensures me that the pain is worth it for the results. I am seeing results, but I'll be honest, not being able to bend over for three days and having people ask me if I've been in a car accident when they see my head wrapped up is embarrassing. So embarrassing, in fact, that I didn't want to admit that I was getting it done to my coworkers, or on this blog.



10.29.08 - Two of Eight Treatments

So, yeah. That's the full story. I'm struggling with my weight and getting a cosmetic procedure done to help me with pockets of fat that would be there regardless if I lost 30 more pounds or not. That's my confession. My secret can of worms.

(edited to add: For the love of all that's holy, can someone please comment? I feel like I'm exposing myself to the world and getting 1) shocked silence or 2) extreme boredom. Also, does anyone else think that I have large ears? I never noticed before I started being photographed from the side once a month.)

7 comments:

Jen said...

You don't have large ears, you're just losing the perspective of seeing the rest of your face in the photos. If you take a picture from the direct front, everyone looks like they have a large nose - the whole 2d vs 3d thing.
ps - I do think it is a noticeable difference in your chin, so I'm sure it is noticeable in your belly too.

B said...

I don't know that I'll ever be brave enough to post photos of my belly. My main goal with that area was to keep my stomach from protruding out of my shirts.I'm all wrinkled and stretched out down there.

Thanks for commenting!

elana said...

My high school art teacher told us that when drawing the heads of people, the ears usually extend between the eyebrows and top of the eyelid to between the end of the nose and the lips of a face. So I think you're all set in the range of normalcy. :-)

P.S. At least you have breasts, B. With my flat chest, I'm a little scared that my belly is quickly becoming the only prominent bulge on my torso. Awesome.

CruiserMel said...

If that's after only two treatments, then WOW - you look fabulous! Color me jealous.

jenna said...

i'm still here :)

Kim said...

Ok, please help me. How much is something like that costing you? I want to do it. I'm losing weight too, but have this Horrible genetic double chin that I had when I was a size 4. I need that procedure. Please advice. You look awesome.

Kim in Il

B said...

Kim,

I can tell you all about it or you can do some research on the procedure. The procedure's name is lipodissolve or lipotherapy. If you google those two terms, you'll find something in your area. I'm getting my procedure done at a cosmetic "spa".

E-mail me if you want to discuss the specifics of price.