I was hoping that I had a little extra karma built up so that when I threw some negative energy out into the universe (aimed squarely at the FOB), it wouldn't immediately come right back at me. As my friend Betsy used to say, "Karma has wide hips and what you send out always comes swinging back around." In my case, it came swinging back around with the flu and diagnosis of strep throat.
I knew as soon as I woke up on Saturday that I had strep. The last time I had it was my sophomore year in college when my tonsils constricted so far that I was having problems swallowing. Not surprisingly, I had a tonsillectomy at the age of 19 and not had strep throat since then. Any idea how hard it is to actually get strep when you don't have any tonsils? It's pretty hard.
Doctors actually treat reoccurring strep infections with tonsillectomies. I was unlucky enough to find a way around the lack of tonsil problem and still contract group A streptococcus. I've been on penicillin for almost a week and I'm still sneezing and coughing out chest congestion.
Regardless, someone looked cute on Halloween. I actually went to a wedding right after work on Halloween so my parents took Zac trick-or-treating. The Yankee in me died a little bit when he told me that he wanted to go as a cowboy. "Cowboys say 'Yeee-Haww!'," he'd shout at me, usually while driving. So, one night at all-purpose store, we picked up a cowboy hat and vest outfit.

I was told that he had a great time. My Mom said that he would let her hold his hat, but he never once relinquished his candy. He's a very smart cowboy.
Fortunately his costume is so big that two years from now he can be a cowboy again. At the very least, he can learn to dress stylishly in a vest and jacket for kindergarten.
"Where are my feet Mom? Nana and Poppa buried my feet!! Good thing I have this candy."
Sorry for the late posting of Halloween pictures, but it's been a rough week. I'm hoping that by sometime Sunday I'll start feeling better. I have a fundraising event tomorrow morning and working at Pier 1 tomorrow night. In lieu of karma, I'd settle for some more energy.
1 comment:
Zac sure does make an awfully cute cowboy!
I hope you're feeling better. Sounds like things have been really stressful lately. I'm just catching up after spending all week at home with Evie.
By the way, we'll be in Dallas again this weekend, but it is probably too short of notice (again) to get together.
Post a Comment